My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9th September 2009

WFH day today :-)

Part 1...

Managed to get out on the bike at lunchtime for a nice easy ride :-)

IT'S SUMMER AGAIN :-)




I didn't want to push to hard as it is the cycle club hill climb TT tonight, on the other hand I didn't want to sit on my arse all day in my office either!

I opted for a nice flat ride around the country lanes.

The cycle computer had the ride as 17.39 miles in 59 minutes, The GPS track can be found here...

Part 2....

I set of for the Hill climb TT at 5:30 taking a leisurely non hilly ride to the event.

I took a couple of photo's of the hill....

It starts of very easy

Then kicks up to a 1:6 at the top... so you have no speed to carry you through the steep gradient.

I stopped half way up the hill and took the photo above and looked back down the hill for the photo below.


The hill climb course is relatively short less than half a mile.

But it as stated above it is 1:6 and the gradient starts shallow and kicks up at the top a bit like a ski jump.


I have absolutely NO idea how quickly I cycled up it, I just went up it like I normally do! I have been reading a few articles recently on hill climbing and may well try and change my brute force approach over the winter!

Needles to say I turned up I paid my money and I cycled up a hill that I have cycled up 100's of times before. It was interesting to see how many people didn't turn up that normally do on the flat TT's, it was equally interesting and really quite nice to see how many people turned up to watch!

The fastest gut up the hill did it in 1 minute 30 seconds ish, looking at the Garmin trace I did it in about 2 minutes, But as I have always said I can get up almost any Hill (1:4 causes an issue) but at my own pace!

The Hill climb was good fun but was all a little to short! But the weather was excellent, I ended up climbing the hill about 3 times before the evening was out :-)

The Hill climb gps trace including the ride back down and up the hill and the journey home can be found here..

Ohh the total mileage for the evening was 11.19 miles (quite pleased I went out at lunchtime now!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment