My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 18, 2009

18th September 2009

Woke up and had an awful stomach ache, went to work anyway and ended up working late :-(

Got home and although still got a stomach ache I forced myself to eat.

Plan was not to cycle tonight anyway...But start the weekend's project of replacing the fireplace (I only fitted it 2 years ago, but it was a cheap one from ebay and the fire-back has cracked and blown through)

I did fit it to last, but at least I knew where I had concealed all of the fittings!
I started of removing the fire surround, then the cast iron insert - revealing the builders hole.


Then it was a simple job of cleaning out the vermiculite and rubble...


Not bad, started at 7:30 finished by 9:15 :-)

Plan is to cycle in the morning and fit the new fireplace tomorrow afternoon.
Then if all goes to plan ride Sunday morning and do the painting and tarting up in the afternoon.

Mustn't let house chores get in the way of cycling!

0 comments:

Post a Comment