My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

5th September 2009 (Saturday)

Got up milled around for a while then at 9:20 I headed of to the Chippenham Cemetery gates for the 9:30 chain gang start.

It was a much better pace this week than last :-) although I did get moaned at again after blasting up a hill at 21mph into a headwind :-) As far as I am concerned if I can ride up the hill with the wind in my face then surely people draughting me can do it!

When we got to the end of the ride at Corsham the Garmin had the average speed for the ride - including the ride from home to the cemetery as 20 mph.

From Corsham I cycled to Lacock and over Naish Hill (1:6) then on to Wootton Bassett - I had to go and fix the mother in-law's garden wall...

The entire morning ride to Wootton B was just over 60 miles with a very respectable average speed of 18.8 mph :-)

I was then fed and watered and I got on with fixing the wall...

Whilst preparing the area I startled a frog who also startled me!

I repaired the wall as best a non bricky can do! - I had to re-fix all of the capping stones onto a wall that has been very frost damaged.

Once I had finished and tidied up I hopped back on the bike and cycled the long way home :-)

End result according to the Garmin was 77.3 miles in 4 hours 9 minutes (Ride time) with an average speed of 18.6 mph (Bit of a head wind on the way home!). The GPS track can be found here...

When I got back home I fitted the new pump to the Peugeot.

The Turbo Trainer tyre turned up today :-) along with a parcel that was delivered to the wrong address so wifey n me took Rosie for a nice long walk and delivered the errant parcel to the rightful owner :-)

Thinking about doing tomorrows cycle club leisure ride on the Peugeot :-)

4 comments:

Red Bike said...

Dropping club runs again - Lol!

John Berry said...

Hmmm well I think the problem is I do 100 mile rides at the same speed they do 40 mile rides! so they are VERY unlikely to tire me out! But at the same token I didn't get to the front and speed up I just kept the same pace as the guy before me, unfortunately he was going down hill and on the flat...I was going up hill :-)

I am really trying to get into the group riding thing...but I do find it frustrating!

I am looking forward to going out on the old steel 15 speed roadie tomorrow though...that should slow me down a bit :-)

Joby said...

Nice frog :)

John Berry said...

Yes he was....made me jump :-)

Post a Comment