My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

24th September 2009

Got in, got changed, went out on bike...

Tried out the new route, but decided flat was for girls so started of climbing 1:6 Bencroft Hill then thought I may as well carry on to Charlcutt, by then I needed the lights so I lit the world up :-)

When I got to Dauntsey it was proper dark and the lights are awesome! I could cycle along at 20mph + with no worries, even the approaching cars acknowledged I was there and dipped their lights :-)

As I drew back round to Tytherton Lucas the twin lights low battery came on, it would appear that the advertised 1 hour 3o of daylight was accurate! I think that the 5 watts on its own may actually suffice.

The Cateye LED was bright enough to see me safe on the last mile or so of journey...

The cycle computer had the ride as 26.21 miles in 1 hour 29 with an average speed of 17.6 mph, the GPS track can be found here...

The whole riding in the dark thing does take some getting used to, but its a whole lot more fun than sitting on the turbo trainer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment