My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

29th September 2009

Worked late again!!!! When I got home I sorted out the bike lights on the Merida then got changed ready to go for a nice 25...

Son then decided tonight would be the night that he wanted to use his new (I bought it from Nathan) bike, and I had to sort out some lights for him.....eventually I got going!

It got very dark and very cold quickly! I headed out on the planned 25 mile quiet route, but instead of heading back to East Tytherton on the return I headed straight back to Chippenham on the main road (It was getting late and everybody was waiting for me for tea).

The Lights performed flawlessly again :-)

The Garmin had the route as 23.33 miles in 1 hour 16 minutes with an average speed of 18.4 mph, the GPS track can be found here...

It is getting a lot harder work to get the speed up as I am starting to wear more clothes(Its getting colder!) and it is difficult to push myself to go faster as I can't actually see the computer now as its dark!

It also looks like I will be working on Sunday :-( I am trying to see how I can fit a days work in and still go for a 50 mile + ride....One option would be to cycle to work but I am not sure if it would be wise to cycle 70 miles do a days work then cycle home......Perhaps I may actually have to take Sunday off cycling in favour of working....


Ohhh came across a new metal band today.......ALESTORM Pirate Metal :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment