My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 7, 2009

7th September 2009

Got home at a very reasonable time, got changed and went straight out on the bike for my 'Normal 20' ride.

I had the lights on and wore my wind proof high-viz jacket with the arms removed (in vest mode), I got to hot! and it didn't get dark!

Just as I was thinking the dark ages of winter were here we end up back in summer!

There was a moderate SSW wind that helped push the speed up on the already fast bit of the ride from Calne to Lyneham.

1800 Medium-level Cloud 19.1 °C SSW 8 mph 40 km 1018 hPa, Rising
1900 Medium-level Cloud 18.0 °C S 9 mph 40 km 1018 hPa, Rising

The ride went well until I got back to Chippenham, then between me driving home and me cycling home they decided to dig up the high street :-( I cycled to the front of the traffic jam and sat and waited for the lights to change...they showed no sign of it so I did the good thing of getting of and walking around the road works, then set of again...

I still managed to do the 21.28 miles in 1 hour 2 minutes with an average speed of 20.4 mph, the GPS track can be found here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment