My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

23rd September 2009

Worked from home today...

Managed to get out at lunchtime for a quick ride, decided to take the Peugeot out as the weather looked a bit changeable.

I had a stonking ride on it! What a difference a road bike makes after the rough terrain of the last couple of days!

I decided to take a reasonably flat but high speed route out, I started out on the chain-gang route then switched to the 10 mile TT route then returned home on the last leg of my 'Normal 20' ride, It was fantastic and had very little main road on it.

Total distance was 23.51 miles in 1 hour 12 minutes with an average speed of 19.4 mph. GPS track can be found here...

I think a variation of this ride (With less main roads) will become my winter training ride...(Quiet25)

After tea I fitted the new lights to the Merida...

The twin lights each have an independent switch...

With the Cateye (New replacement turned up today from Wiggle) and the twin headlights I have loads of light :-)


At 6:15 I set of on a pre cycle club cycle ride :-) I headed out on the same route I did at lunchtime (with the intention of setting a benchmark time for the course)...Boy what a difference the Merida and Aero Bars make to the ride...

As I got to Sutton Benger I came across another cyclist coming from Dauntsey direction he turned into Sutton Lane as well, we passed pleasantries and realised we were both heading for Chippenham and both heading for the Chippenham Wheelers pre-AGM meeting, I tucked down and started cycling with haste - He sat on my back wheel...

As the elevation started to rise I slowed down and he overtook and I sat on his back wheel - Slipstreaming is great :-)

When we got to the cycle club I was wringing wet and stank!

During the meeting I found myself volunteering to run the Open 25 mile TT on the 18th July 2010 - Nobody else seemed interested and they needed a name by Sunday.

After the meeting I had the first chance to try the new lights out, the Cateye was sufficient before the meeting. WOW they are perfect, the Cateye gives the very bright focused light and the twin headlights give a more general light to dissolve the shadows - I think I now have a working light solution that is easily transferred between bikes!

The evening ride was 25.96 miles in 1 hour 20 minutes with an average speed of 19.4 mph, GPS trace here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment