My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

26th September 2009 (Saturday)

Went straight out to Chippenham Cemetery for the chain gang start (9:30) , there was quite a lot of people today so we split in to 2 groups.

It was so much better! A nice constant speed, no braking constantly...

I did have a slight issue keeping up on one of the hills but it was short and sharp and I soon re-grouped, I think it may have been the fastest and most enjoyable chain gang I have done - Including the ride from and to home the Garmin had the ride as 40.75 miles in 2 hours 1 minute with an average speed of 20.1 mph, the GPS trace can be found here...

On the way back home I was keeping a good pace with Richard Buckley (About 22-23 mph) All I did was drop down onto the Aero Bars and I shot of ahead at least 1 to 2 mph faster with NO extra effort :-), it is the first time I have actually been able to see what a dramatic difference the bars make.

Now spending an enjoyable??? afternoon finishing of the fireplace...

1 comments:

Red Bike said...

It is amazing just how much effect wind resistance has.

I'm expecting cyling clothing (for time trials) to eventually end up like the stuff downhill skiers wear.

Post a Comment