My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

8th September 2009

Got home late :-(

Got changed and went out on the bike. Tomorrow night is the last cycle club TT of the year and it is a 'special' its a hill climb :-) so I thought I would go out and get some hill climb practice!

I set of out of Chippenham towards Lacock on the main roads, but it was still reasonably light so the cars were sensible! I cycled up Naish Hill across Derry Hill with the intention of going down Charlcutt and back up Wick Hill (The site of tomorrow's TT), unfortunately by the time I got to Bremhill it was already getting to late so I decided to head straight home.

Now it was getting dark and I have noticed something...Cars don't give way to bikes at night! During daylight hours cars will slow down and give room to bicycles, they will give way at junctions...but at night even if you wear dayglow clothes and have megawatt lights you must be invisible!

I think in reduced light it may actually be safer to ride on the main roads than it is the country lanes...

Tonight's ride was 13.84 miles in 52 minutes with 976 feet of climb, the GPS track can be found here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment