My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

16th September 2009

I have had a really pants day!

I did manage to get out for a short ride at lunchtime, just 12 miles - it did allow me to let of some steam and calm down a bit.

I did'nt push myself at all but just plodded along and enjoyed the countryside and calmed down.

The Garmin had the ride as 12.37 miles in 44 minutes with an average speed on 16.6 mph the GPS track can be found here...

I had planned to go to the Chippenham and District Wheelers club night tonight as there was no TT's any more, I thought I would go there indirectly and enjoy the last bit of daylight.

I swapped the new Cateye EL320 light on to the Peugeot road bike and the foot on the bottom of the light disintegrated!

Pretty bad for a 12 day old light that has'nt been abused! I have initiated a Wiggle return...

The light still fitted securely to the mount so I headed of in the same direction I did at lunchtime, but instead of returning home I headed towards the club meet, I did ban myself from using the large chain ring in the hope of increasing my cadence.

The club meeting was actually quite good, I chatted with a few people, It appears that the long Sunday ride was a great success and the club will plan some more :-)

The Garmin had the evening ride as 14.56 miles in 55 minutes with an average speed of 15.6 mph, the GPS track can be found here...

I also registered for the New Forest 100 sportive - on the 11th October, the 100 mile route of course! I have cycle through the New Forest before and it is fantastic, the route looks really good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment