My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 21, 2009

21st September 2009

Got home from work at a reasonable time :-)

Hmmm No lights on any of the road bikes :-( Although Wiggle are amazing, they have refunded the postage for returning the light and have dispatched a replacement :-) Thank you Wiggle

I decided to take the Dawes Hybrid down to Black Dog Halt and back on the Chippenham/Calne cycle-way, it does at least have a Halogen light.

The Sun still had plenty of warmth in it.

When given a choice of what bike to take out I would always opt for the road bike, but when I do eventually take the Hybrid out down the cycle-ways I always enjoy it, and start questioning myself why I don't use it more often!

The cycleway runs down the route of the GWR Calne branch line, but in places is no more than a gravel farm track.

I did 5 miles then turned around and stopped at Black Dog and took a few pictures...


I really like the access road gateway, it is a very clever design...

After the photos I headed on home, the Garmin had the ride as 10.11 miles in 40 minutes with an average speed of 15 mph, the GPS track can be found here...

Now it was only 10 miles but when I got back home I was drenched in sweat and felt like I had done 20, the rougher terrain does take it out of you, you have to keep the pressure on otherwise you slow down...Not like the road bikes where you can back off a bit and still roll.

I think I may well take the Hybrid out for a longer ride, there's a nice 50 mile off road loop route I can take :-)

2 comments:

The Former 550 Pound Cyclist said...

Lov the pictures mate, I would love to cycle with those type of views every day :)

John Berry said...

Ahhh thank you Gaz.....I wish I could cycle with the views every day to......

I think I need to find a job nearer home and commute by bike, I envy you and joby...although I dont think I could handle the traffic

Post a Comment