My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 4, 2009

4th September 2009

Nobody fancied going swimming again tonight so I fitted the new front light bracket to the Merida and went out for my 'Normal 20' ride.

It was VERY windy!
1800 Medium-level Cloud 15.5 °C W 18 mph 29 mph 45 km 1013 hPa, Rising
1900 Medium-level Cloud 14.8 °C W 17 mph 29 mph
40 km 1014 hPa, Rising
2000 Medium-level Cloud 13.9 °C W 15 mph 29 mph 30 km 1015 hPa, Rising
Gusting to 29 mph indeed!!!

As I have NO handlebar space left at all I fitted the light to the Aero Bars :-)

I had had enough of cheaper lights so spent £35 on a Cateye EL320 front light and an extra bracket so I can move it between bikes. I am a big fan of the smart super flash rear lights and already had one fitted to the Merida,I fitted one to the Peugeot on Wednesday - They are bright enough that you cannot look directly at them :-)

After I had fitted the lights I set of on my ride...

It was hard work! but I still managed to do the 21.27 miles in 1 hour 2 minutes with an average speed of 20.4 mph :-)

Perhaps I will be able to keep the 20 mph+ average over the winter :-)

The GPS track can be found here...

Ohhh my Continental Grand Prix 4 season tyres turned up today - planning to fit them for the Dartmoor Devil and Exmoor Beast rides, I stayed with 700 x 23c but wanted tread and grip! but didn't want to increase the foot print and rolling resistance!.

The Topeak Master Blaster pump for the Peugeot arrived today as well :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment