My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

19th September 2009 (Saturday)

Got up early, put cycling gear straight on, then mixed up some mortar and pointed in some of the fire place brick work.

I also took a picture of the hole in the old fire back.


Had breakfast then tinkered with the bike a bit, the gears had played up last Sunday. When I backed of the front and rear cable tension adjusters the cable was REALLY slack, I tightened it then re-set up the gears.

At 9:20 I headed of for the CDW chain gang, it started of at a really fast pace, and I still had a bit of a stomach ache :-( It was also NOT very smooth riding.

I tried to spend as much time on the small chain ring as possible, and it sort of worked.

There was a bit of an incident about a 1/3 of the way round the route and a couple of guys fell off, after that everything appeared to settle down and smooth out.

Because I still had chores to do I did not dilly around getting home..

The Garmin had the ride as 41.4 miles in 2 hours 4 minutes with an average speed of 19.9 mph, the route can be found here...

When I got back home I showered, changed then went back to the fireplace.

I started out by cleaning the slate tiles on the hearth with a rotary wire brush, then fitted the fire surround in place.

I then set about back filling the fireplace with a vermiculite, sand, cement mix

Finally I capped it of with a 4 to 1 Sand, Cement mix, I was going to do the plastering today as well but it took longer to back fill than planed.

Plan is now to go for cycle tomorrow morning, plaster in the afternoon then re-decorate Monday evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment