My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 1, 2010

1st March 2010

Had another tough day at work, but at least I managed to get out for the lunchtime walk :-)

2.52 miles in 48 minutes....

When I got back home I re-plotted the NCR5 routes....

Friday 2nd April... Setting of from Reading and stopping at Shipston-on-Stour...Accom Booked :-)
Saturday 3rd April..Shipston-on-Stour stopping at Lichfield...No Accom yet!
Sunday 4th April... Lichfield stopping at Flint...Accom Booked :-)
Monday 5th April...Flint finishing at Holyhead....Then heading straight to Snowdonia :-)

If the weather is kind it should be a nice warm-up for the Heart of England 300 the following weekend:-)

If anybody wants to meet-up along the way, feel free...I am planning to take it leisurely and enjoy myself :-)

The end of February was on me before I realised it and I forgot to publish my end of month stats!!! So here they are
Count:15 Activities
Distance:640.66 mi
Max Distance:109.38 mi
Time40:57:24 h:m:s
Elevation Gain:23,538 ft ft
Max Elevation Gain5,633 ft
Avg Speed:15.6 mph
Max Speed:40.7 mph
Calories:46,162 C

8 comments:

Cycling Diary said...

You forgot to add how many times you stopped for tea and what about average time to change a flat?

Cheers

Stephan

Clive Chapman said...

If family stuff allow JB I'll pedal from Waseley Hills to Brum with you on Saturday the 3rd, drop me a mail and we swap mobile numbers.

Matt said...

If it is alright with you, Ill meet you in Didcot (don't forget your stab vest) and cycle with you to North Oxford on the Friday :)
Might even have my roadie by then too!

John Berry said...

@Stephen....do you think I am overdoing the stats a bit :-)....I like to take my time changing a flat, rush it and you just end up missing something :-)

@Clive...That'll be great...I dont know your email :-) Send me one...joberry at uk2 dot net

@Matt...That'll be great...dont worry about a roadie I will be on my Hybrid, I am sure a lot of NCR5 wont be road bike proof..

Russ M said...

That rout on the saturday goes within about 100 yards of my house at about 33 miles in (the pointy but of the route in redditch). Come in for some tea...!! I'll even try and do some food/cake or something. any idea what sort of time you'll get to 33 miles. the route looks flatish from the map up to that point?

John Berry said...

@Russ...33 miles will take about 2 hours, so I recon on a 9:30 - 10 start gets me to yours for luncheon :-).....I am a big fan of CAKE :-)

I will call you back tomorrow on my way home :-)

Cycling Diary said...

Sorry, I keep forgetting that sense of humor does not translate into text. No, not at all, I actually appreciate the stats. I was just trying to be funny.

I haven't had many flats and you are right unless you are a competitive cyclist, take your time and make sure everything is good to go.

John Berry said...

@Stephan...Nah don't worry...I understood the humour... :-) I didnt think I had replied in a bolshy way....

I haven't had many flats either...I have a competitive nature and loathe being overtaken!

Post a Comment