My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

21st March 2010

Woke up far to early again this morning...but spring has finally sprung :-)
0900 Medium-level Cloud 7.3 °C SW 6 mph

12 km 1017 hPa, Rising
1000 Medium-level Cloud 8.4 °C WSW 8 mph

25 km 1018 hPa, Rising
1100 Sunny  intervals 10.1 °C W 9 mph

25 km 1018 hPa, Rising
1200 Sunny  intervals 10.1 °C W 10 mph

30 km 1018 hPa, Rising
1300 Medium-level Cloud 11.9 °C W 8 mph

30 km 1018 hPa, Rising
I got changed into cycling gear...long sleeves but NO thermals for the first time this year :-)

I had breakfast then milled around the house tinkering until 9 then I set off for the rugby club for the start of the club leisure ride..

I decided to continue my NCN5 training by taking the Hybrid out...It looked nice and gleaming in the morning sun.

There was quite a few people out on the ride today...I guess it was the sun effect :-) A few people had a little dig at me being on the hybrid...but I set off with the fast group and stayed with them...doing my bit upfront where necessary :-)

I must admit it wasn't really a leisure ride...more of a high speed chain gang :-)..I don't think I helped as I was baiting Richard and Paul a little :-)

I did take a few photies along the way....I also had one taken of me....

I thought I was looking cool....a bit of an upsetting shock that I looked like a Lycra wearing gimp :-(

We got to the tea stop pretty damn quickly...I had a pot of tea and a bacon sarnie and we were leaving as the mid speed group turned up....there was no sign at all of the slow group.

As we got near the end of the ride Dylan suggested extending it a little to bump the mileage up to 50...as it was such a nice day and I had chores to do when I got home we turned left on Easton Lane instead of right...

I noticed that Richards back tyre was almost flat so we pulled over for him to pump it up...where he then promptly broke the valve :-(

We had a nice 10 minutes in the sun as he changed the tube....then we were off again...

We followed the reverse chain gang route to Yatton Keynell where Dylan and myself headed back down the B4039 then rejoined the country lane that we had headed down earlier in the day...

The Garmin had the ride as 54.45 miles in 3 hours 12 minutes with an average speed of 17 mph.

When I got in I showered and changed, had a round of baked beans on toast then helped the family tidy up the house, I have tidied up the fire place and put the log basket, coal bucket and fire guard away... the hearth has been cleaned and re-oiled, lets hope the warm weather is here to stay!

After my chores were complete I set about washing the Dawes.....one ride and it was minging :-(

After a record cleaning time (for me) the bike was back as good as new :-)

As I finished cleaning the bike it was time to start cooking tea....no rest for the wicked :-(

2 comments:

Matt said...

Sounds like your giving the hybrid a good run in before NCR5 kicks off, hope you can cope with a slighty (!) slower average between Didcot and Oxford ;)

John Berry said...

@Matt...I need to get myself used to the different riding position :-)

I am NOT intending racing the NCR5....I think it is going to be quite tough enough!

Post a Comment