My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 26, 2010

26th March 2010

I was in two minds whether to go out for a cycle ride when I got home from work, it was raining but that doesn't bother me....one look at the dry chain and the very dirty bike made my mind up..

I would have tea then clean the bike :-)

I also wanted to change the winter tyres for the summer tyres and change the freehub for the new one I bought from ebay...

Cleaning the frame didn't take to long...

Stripping the old freehub off was a breeze as I had only re-assembled it a week ago...

The new one arrived with a new hex bolt and bearings :-)

Unfortunately I got a bit carried away and stripped the jockeys down as they were a bit gunked up, the grease had almost completely washed out of them...As you can see the old freehub was very rusty and was worn out :-(

The wheel almost looked new with the new freehub assembled on it...

Over 2 hours later (10pm) the bike was back together...

With the summer tyres on :-)

I was hoping to fit the new (red) Krylion's to the Merida tonight as well, but I just spent so long fiddling with the Peugeot that I have run out of time :-(

I dont know why I bothered cleaning the Peugeot so thoroughly as it will be dirty within 100yds of tomorrows chain gang :-( But at least it is clean for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment