My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

6th March 2010

I was woken up multiple times in the night, we had a couple of power outages and every-time the power came back on the front door bell rang :-(

I dragged myself out of bed at 8 am anyway and got changed into cycle gear.

I had porridge with wifey then set of at 9:15 to the Chippenham Cemetery for the start of the chain gang at 9:30.

I felt quite strong and fit on the chain gang...the Peugeot was having some gear issues - If I stopped pedalling when I started again the chain would jump :-( I will look for a stiff link/broken tooth/bent chain ring the next time I clean the bike.

As we turned right at East Tytherton the chain decided to fall off, I told the rest of them to carry on, I stopped refitted the chain and caught them back up :-)

Thankfully that was the only stop incident for me :-) I did take the action cam and recorded the whole ride, but I dont think cycling is a spectator sport and the vid is booooring!

The Garmin had the ride as 40.73 miles in 2 hours 12 minutes with an average speed of 18.4 mph, route here..

When I got back home I showered n changed and had Bacon sarnies for lunch :-)

Then wifey, Rosie (dog) and me went for a smashing walk 3.6 mile walk along the canal...

I managed to capture some fantastic tree reflections in the water

It was a bit of a shame we had intended to walk up the Caen Hill Locks and stop at the tea rooms on the way back, but that part of the canal path is closed as they are replacing some of the locks :-( So we walked the opposite way and I had to stop in the pub for a pint of cider instead :-)

When we got back home I dragged the Dawes out of the bike shed and gave it a going over in preparation for April.

The bike is in good condition thank goodness, but I am taking the opportunity to buy some new bottle cages and some lights for it :-)

1 comments:

Matt said...

Some cracking pictures there, sounds like a good ride too, hope you get the gearing sorted.

Love the lock flight at Cean / Seend, went a while back and we were sat at the bottom having a drink when the missus came out with "Why did they build so many, they could have build one big one"

I did consider just walking off at that point!

Post a Comment