My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 29, 2010

29th March 2010

I found it surprisingly easy to get up for work today, it may have been partly due to me being so tired last night!

It was a tadge upsetting getting up in the dark again, but at least it would be a light evening :-)

I managed to avoid the lunchtime rain and made it out for a 3 mile lunch time walk, the RunGPS had a couple of duff plots and reckoned I had walked 3.5 miles in 55 minutes, route here...

The actual walk was 2.96 miles in 55 minutes, route here...

I left work at normal time and made good time home :-) I was back at 6:15...I seemed to faff about for a while before I got going!

I eventually got changed and out on the bike at 6:50, I set of on my first 'Normal 20' of the summer :-) ....OK in my little world BST means its now summer in Britain, wifey keeps on telling me its only Spring..

Luckily I didn't get to carried away with this light evening thing and put a high viz jacket and lights on the bike, it was starting to get very dark on my return leg.

I don't care what Lyneham Met office said about the weather either...
1900 Medium-level Cloud 9.2 °C SSE 8 mph

15 km 992 hPa, Falling
2000 Light  Rain 9.2 °C SSE 9 mph

8 km 992 hPa, Falling
It was a 360 degree 20 mph head wind! By the time I got back home I was completely fecked!

The Garmin had the ride as 21.27 miles in 1 hour 15 minutes with an average speed of 16.8 mph, route here...

It has been an interesting couple of days riding on my different bikes, going back to the Peugeot today did seem an awful lot slower than the Merida, but I can't bring myself to take the Merida out in the crappy weather yet!

I ordered the new wheels yesterday.....a brand new pair of Shimano RS20s - A direct replacement for the replacement rear and an upgrade for the front.

Looking at the bearing it looked like either a lack of grease from manufacturer or the grease had washed out :-( I will have to keep an eye on the bearings on the new wheels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment