My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 7, 2009

7th August 2009

Got home, changed and went straight out on the now very dirty bike...

I set of on my 'Normal 20' - The weather was - in the words of wayne's world 'Most excellent dude'
the sun was out, there was NO rain and the wind was tame :-)
1800 Sunny 19.9 °C W 10 mph
40 km 1021 hPa, Falling
1900 Sunny intervals 18.6 °C WSW 11 mph
35 km 1021 hPa, Rising
I set of very fast, and had covered well over 10 miles at 30 minutes :-) It looked like I might actually be on for 21.5 mph average for the ride (My god I like Aero Bars!)

As I pulled round Lyneham and down Dauntsey Hill I started to get a head wind, not to much.

I think my main problem with TT and generally cycling fast is I dont like changing gear! I find myself grinding along in top gear unless I come to a steep hill then I change down - generally to late! - I must try and keep an eye on my cadence and change down sensibly, I think I could quite easily take a minute of both teh club 10 and my Normal 20!

I made it back to Chippenham and it definitely looked like the 21.28 miles was going to be under the hour, then traffic happened again!

I ended up doing the 21.28 miles in 1 hour and 24 seconds with an average speed of 21.1 mph.

The GPS track can be found here...

After tea I set about cleaning and oiling both the Merida and the Peugot.

I am really looking forward to my first Audax on Sunday now....The weather is forecast to be fantastic :-)

2 comments:

Red Bike said...

Best of luck for your Audax.

You'll just have to pretend that your areobars are a new design of map holder.

John Berry said...

Hmmmmm well I have laminated the route sheet and got some giant bulldog clips exactly for that purpose :-)

Post a Comment