My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 21, 2009

21st August 2009

I was a billy no mates at work today (every body else on holiday - and it was busy!) :-( Didn't even stop for a proper lunch....

When I got back home the sun was out and I set out on my promised 'Normal 20'...

There was a reasonable SW Wind...
1800 Medium-level Cloud 15.9 °C SW 9 mph
50 km 1020 hPa, Rising
1900 Sunny intervals 16.0 °C WSW 9 mph
30 km 1020 hPa, Rising

Which blew me around the first half of the course :-) Looking at the timings I was well on for Sub Hour :-)

Then I had to give way to a car at the mini-roundabout at Lyneham...he poodled on incredibly slowly for 20 feet then pulled in to the left.....Why didn't he just let me go????? (When I am on a bike cars should give way to me!!!!!)

I got back up to speed and had a very good run down Dauntsey Hill and into Sutton Benger. Along Sutton Lane I was holding 20 - 22 mph, looking at the Garmin I was definitely on for sub hour :-).....

Then I had to give way to another car at the mini roundabout in Chippenham. The traffic lights turned Red, people crossed on the Zebra Crossing and yet another give way on the second roundabout.....It all meant I missed the target :-( (Still had the best time yet though!!!)

The Garmin had the session as 21.27 miles in 1 hour 19 seconds with an average speed of 21.2 mph :-)

The GPS track can be found here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment