My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

4th August 2009

Got home late....It was raining again......

But I fitted the Aero Bars last night and had to try them out!!! and it was no point trying them on an unknown route so I had to do my 'Normal 20' to see how they would improve me :-)


The weather conditions were not ideal...
1800 Heavy Rain 17.8 °C S 14 mph 5 km 1014 hPa, Rising
1900 Light Rain 17.5 °C S 13 mph 4 km 1015 hPa, Rising

I was not to sure about using the Aero Bars straight away and on the busy A4 so I waited for a quiet stretch and straight road...

It was a very pleasant surprise to find the riding position so comfortable and so fast!!! although the steering did appear a little twitchy.

For the first half of the ride I only used the Aero position on the straight and smooth stretches going back to the brake hoods for the bumpy cornery bits.

For the second half of the ride I obviously became a bit more confident and I used the Aero Bars for 95% of the ride, only changing position for braking, gear changes and tight corners.

The speed difference from my normal ride was amazing!!! I like the Aero Bars a lot......

The computer had tonight's ride as 21.27 miles in 1 hour 45 seconds with an average speed of 21 mph (Today was very poor conditions and my first time with the Aero Bars)

The GPS track can be found here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment