My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

26th August 2009

Worked from home today :-)

Didn't move out of my office ALL day! I felt so lethargic when it was time to get changed for the TT.

It takes a very strange sort of person to drag themselves out of a warm dry house into a cold,wet,windy and getting dark evening in shorts and cycle top.

I made a slow amble to the meeting point in an attempt to warm my self up slowly and not damage the slow and lethargic me.

I signed in and was awarded with number 8, due to the poor light I kept my high-viz jacket on and had the incredibly bright back light blinking away.

I set of very well and kept pushing myself hard, the rain was annoying and the 360 degree headwind was a constant pain. There were less riders tonight (probably because the weather was grim) , the couple that started 1 and 2 minutes ahead of me were on proper TT bikes with solid back wheels, as were the couple starting after me, so there was NO chance of me overtaking but a very strong possibility that I was going to be passed.

It was with no shock then that I didn't overtake anybody, but it was toataly amazing that I was not overtaken!

I was very happy with my official time 25 minutes 35 seconds for the 10 miles, only 10 seconds slower than last week and the conditions tonight were so grim...and I kept my flappy jacket on to!

The GPS track can be found here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment