My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

15th August 2009 (Saturday)

No cycling today :-( we have however driven to Blackpool (way up north),it rained again, 100% record for the north!

I brought the Merida with me, on the roof of the car and intend to do the 55 mile Blackpool sportive route tomorrow morning, it is forecast to be very windy.

I had hoped to do the 80 mile route but I cant really fit it in and have family time (I was trying to fool myself, that I could fit it in before lunch).

We have just driven through Blackpool seafront, it isn't really me, I prefer natural coast line

2 comments:

Joby said...

You have to admit that the front looks much better than it did 10 years ago?

John Berry said...

I have spent ALL of my coast time on the south coast (Devon,Cornwall,Dorset)June this year (JOGLE) was the first time I ever ventured North for a holiday,

I did cycle down the Prominade and Seafront today, and yes perhaps my first impressions were a little harsh!

The seafront has an excellent cycle way planned into it, and all of the roads have generous cycleways painted, although still no traffic parking restriction.

I still think all in all nature does it better, and human improvements don't tend to be.

I guess I have turned into a fitness freak tree huger in my old age…

Post a Comment