My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

22nd August 2009 (Saturday)

Got up reasonably early and headed of to the Chippenham Cemetery Gates (The meeting point) for the Cycle Club chain gang :-)

We set of at 9:30 on the set route, every time I got to the front I was kindly asked to move over as my pace was a little to fast :-(

On the home stretch at Biddeston I decided I had enough and sprinted to Corsham, a few of the others decided to follow, the pack re-formed at the traffic lights going into Corsham....At least I had a chance of letting of steam...

The chain gang ride is nice, but not as quick as it could be! But for me I guess I should stick with it as I must learn to ride with other people....

The chain gang ends at Corsham...I decided to cycle home the long way over Naish Hill again....I must get my hill climbing practise in for the Exmoor Beast!!!!

I got back home at about 12pm...The cycle computer had the ride as 45.71 miles in 2 hours 21 minutes with an average speed of 19.4 mph.

The GPS track can be found here...

After a shower and change went off to have brunch and do the weekly shopping at Morrisons :-)

When we got back home wifey n me went out for a short easy ride to the Langley Tap and back for a nice Cider :-)

The cycle computer had the ride as 8.55 miles in 49 minutes (Ride time not including Cider time!) with an average speed of 10.3 mph...

The GPS track can be found here...

It gave me a chance to take the Peugeot Steel Road bike out....It is a really great bike (Thanks Nathan :-)

It did feel really strange cycling in 'Normal' clothes :-) I appear to have got used to wearing weirdo cycling clothes...

1 comments:

Red Bike said...

If someone want to go quicker than everyone else we normally make sure they get stuck at the front until they've worn themselves out.

Post a Comment