My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 17, 2009

17th August 2009

Got back from Blackpool at 2 o'clock ish, unloaded the car, got changed then set of for a ride in the warm southern sun :-)

I had no real plan of where to go or how long to go for, I headed up old Derry Hill with a mind to head cross country to Devizes, but at Sandy Lane I opted for a high speed run to Tockenham and back home over Wick Hill :-)

I am finding the new 12/27 gearing on the Merida so much better than the old 11/25, I am not missing the tooth at the bottom end, in fact I believe I am actually going faster as I am not grinding along quite so badly, and the hills are so much easier, its almost like cheating :-)

The cycle computer had the ride as 34.77 miles in 1 hour 57 minutes with an average speed of 17.8 mph.

The GPS track can be found here...

When I got back I showered and changed then set about sorting wifey's new (second hand) bike out, it needed cleaning, oiling, bearings cleaning and greasing, left hand gear/ brake lever changing, cables changing..etc..etc..etc. Its quite a good bike now :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment