My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

11th August 2009

Ohhhh a sunny day :-)

My legs have still been aching from Sunday, perhaps cycling 124 miles at the speed I cycle 50 wasn't such a great idea?

When I got home I got changed and went for a nice slow cycle with wifey to the pub and back :-) I went on the Peugeot road bike and wifey on her mountain bike...


We had a nice pint of cider and a packet of nuts each...

It was then a nice slow meander home....

When we got home we had a salad for tea....

Wifey managed to pick up the reserved cable from Hellfords, when I removed the partially fitted cable from the bike it was the same length...... So I did what all good people would do..I shortened one of the outers by an inch :-)

I wasn't to happy with my cable outer cutting yesterday anyway, today I had a new set of disk cutters for the Dremmel and it did a nice clean job :-)

Once the cable was fitted I bunged the bike on the turbo and set the gears up, whilst I was at it I changed the rear brake blocks again.

Tonight's rather pleasant ride was 8.4 miles in a sedate 52 minutes (Ride time) and an average speed of 9.7 mph....It was great...

The GPS track can be found here...

On the plus side the nice short ride seems to have revived me :-) I have been feeling very lethargic...

Ohhhhhhhhh I have cycled over 6000 miles this year now.......Lets see If I can do 8000 by the end of the year.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment