My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 14, 2009

14th August 2009

Got in from work late :-( Got changed and went straight out on the bike :-)

There was a fair wind blowing...
1900 Medium-level Cloud 18.4 °C SSW 8 mph
40 km 1015 hPa, Falling
2000 Medium-level Cloud 17.5 °C SSW 8 mph
40 km 1015 hPa, Falling

I really wanted to see how the new rear cassette would affect my 'Normal 20' round trip, so I focused....

At the 10 mile point I was under 30 minutes and tearing along....I sort of didn't give way properly to a land-rover and horse box at Lyneham....They eventually crawled past me, then held me up going down Dauntsey Hill :-( They turned off at the bottom and I was cranking along again :-)

As I pulled back into the head wind I was still holding 20 mph+, it was looking very good for a sub hour run...Then Chippenham high street happened again... Cars should be banned (When I am trying to cycle quickly*)

The cycle computer had the ride as 21.27 miles in 1 hour 45 seconds with an average speed of 21 mph....I WILL do this ride in under an hour!

The GPS track can be found here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment