My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

16th August 2009 (Sunday)

Got up early and changed straight into cycling gear, dragged the bike out of the back of the car, put the front wheel on and set of (7:30 'ish)

I set of on the shorter 50 mile route, it was very windy and wifey wanted me back for lunch!

It was very interesting pedalling off and not having a clue where I was going, I did remember looking at the elevation profile when I plotted the route, I kept on expecting to cycle up a hill, but one never appeared. Of course I may have found it so easy due to the massive tail wind!

At 35 miles'ish I was on the Blackpool seafront, its a lot faster by bike than car :-) although the massive side wind was very dangerous.

As I started heading away from the seafront back to Warton, I had a full on 25mph+ tailwind…I was flying along at around 30 mph.

The cycle computer had the ride as 52.83 miles in 3 hours 9 minutes with an average speed of 16.7 mph.

When I got back to the campsite, I showered and changed then retraced my steps in the car to find somewhere to eat, unfortunately Lancashire pubs don't appear to be very dog friendly, I managed to get a pub to allow us in to their games room with the dog.

The GPS track can be found here...

3 comments:

Red Bike said...

I don't know why; but I always like riding to the seaside.

John Berry said...

So do I, I once took a ride to the Isle of White, then around the island, I was a little annoyed that the road didn't follow the coast all of the way round, but It was great :-)

I think I would just like to live on the coast.

The Former 550 Pound Cyclist said...

Good old August weather eh :)

Post a Comment