My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

2nd August 2009 (Sunday)

Got up early, did house tidy...then set off for the Chippenham Wheelers Sunday leisure ride at 9 for a 9:30 start.

The route published was for a 40 mile ride to Woodborough and back, it however turned out to be a 55 mile to Woodborough and back, I was not intending to do the back...as I had to go to the mother in laws in Wootton Bassett to fit some shelves.

It was actually a well paced ride with some decent climbs in it!.. I have kept the route sheet and will do the full ride there and back at some point in the future.

After the tea stop at the Woodborough garden centre it was a nice little climb up Walkers Hill where I held a good 11+ mph...

I then had a nice high speed run to Lockeridge (I had already left everybody behind at this point) then I deviated from route and turned right to Clatford then on to the A4. Then it was on to Marlborough, up the Marlborough downs, down Hackpen Hill, Broadtown and Wootton Bassett.

I cut and fitted some shelves in a kitchen cupboard, and fitted a new slatted shelf in the airing cupboard (The hot water tank has been removed).

I then cycled home using the country lanes...

The cycle computer had the ride as 64.85 miles in 3 hours 49 minutes (7 hours 44 minutes elapsed) with an average speed of 17 mph.

The GPS track can be found here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment