My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

12th August 2009

Worked from home today :-)....

Johns TOP TIP if you want to do well in an evening time trial DON'T go out for a 20 mile go as fast as you can ride at lunch time!

Wish I thought of that before I went for a 20 miler at lunch time...

It was a tough one today as well with a reasonable head wind on the home stretch..

The computer had the ride as 21.45 miles in 1 hour 4 minutes with an average speed of 20 mph (The end of the route was a lot slower as Chippenham high street is closed to traffic during the day, and I had to detour around the slower cycle paths)

The GPS track can be found here...

Whilst I was busting a gut cycling round I noticed that the front chain ring had a noticeable wobble to it (The top edge was moving about 5mm as I was pushing down on the pedal).

When I got back home I gave the crank a good tug and there was visible (Lots of it) play on the bottom bracket, I phoned up the local bike shop and they said they could change it there and then for £35, as I needed the bike for tonight's TT I dropped it of and picked it up with a new BB :-) (Reading up on Hollotech BB's I think I may well buy a fitting tool as they aren't built to last)

Tonight's TT started early, sign on at 6:15 for a 6:30 start, I arrived early again and got number 7... It was the club Tandem time trial and they all started before me, I was the first solo rider.

I set of and didn't see another soul for the whole ride :-( nobody to chase, and there was a punishing head wind on the home stretch :-(

My time was rubbish this week as well...from last weeks 25:06 to this week 26:11. I blame it on the head wind and the to much riding before thang......

The TT GPS track can be found here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment