My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 24, 2009

24th August 2009

Wow its now getting really dark in the mornings :-(

Went for my normal lunch time walk and they are resurfacing all the side roads, sombody doctored one of the signs...and it appealed strongly to my sense of humour :-)


When I got back home from work I changed and went straight out on my 'Normal 20' ride.....and I did the 21.27 miles in under an hour :-)

Lyneham had the weather as...
1800 Medium-level Cloud 16.0 °C WSW 9 mph
35 km 1006 hPa, Rising
1900 Sunny intervals 16.3 °C WSW 11 mph
40 km 1006 hPa, Rising
(Note to northern readers....It wasn't raining again :-)

I set of from home at the pace I intended to continue and at the half way point I was over 3 minutes ahead, I had done nearly 10.5 miles at 30 minutes....

The down hill stage from Lyneham was stonking, I actually left a car behind! and was averaging over 22 mph from Dauntsey to Sutton Benger.

Whilst riding down Sutton Lane the expected completion time had me getting home in well under an hour :-)

I had the normal traffic issue in Chippenham but I was so far ahead it didnt impact the time to badly...

The cycle computer had the ride as 21.29 miles in 59 minutes 23 seconds with an average speed of 21.5 mph :-)

The GPS track can be found here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment