My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

18th August 2009

It was tough getting up for work this morning, It's now dark at 5:20 am :-(

I made it back home for 6:20 pm, I had a bit of a headache (I think it may well have been tired eyes...) I got changed and set of on the Merida for my 'Normal 20'...The cobwebs were soon blown away :-)

It was another incredibly good run, only being marred by the slow town traffic on the homeward stretch (and the slight headwind...).
1800 Medium-level Cloud 19.6 °C S 8 mph
45 km 1017 hPa, Falling
1900 Medium-level Cloud 18.7 °C SSW 6 mph
40 km 1017 hPa, Falling

The cycle computer had the ride as 21.26 miles in 1 hour 31 seconds with an average speed of 21.1 mph (I am getting close to the sub hour :-)

The GPS track can be found here...

2 comments:

Joby said...

21 miles in an hour.... Crikey mate!

John Berry said...

Ahh when I started it took me 2 hours to do that route :-)...

About a year ago I had it down to an hour an half..

Now I am hovering around the hour....Just need to push a bit harder, or dodge the traffic better :-)

If it were a flat course I would have no problems with 24-25 mph average...I have a couple of hilly challenges on the route that drag the speed down :-)

When you get your Road bike and some Aero Bars you to will look back at your current timings and laugh...

Post a Comment