My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

27th January 2010

Worked from home today :-)

Took one look outside at lunch time and the inner wimp shivered at the cold, so I turned around and went back to work in front of the fire...

After tea I got changed into multiple layers and heade of for a quick 20 mile then headed on to the cycle club. It felt REALLY good to be back on the bike after a couple of days off :-)

I wonder if the performance improvement I felt was down to....The clean bike, the re-greased wheel bearings, the couple of days off, the weather? I suspect its a little bit of all of it...

I haven't been able to upload the route or have a look at the stats for tonight as Garmin connect is being pants again! (Garmin Edge a great bit of kit let down by a) - The over priced maps (I make my own from Open Street Map) , b) - unreliable web service, c) - crap routing software).. I will upload the stats as soon as I can but it was about 22 miles with an average speed of 17 mph and a time of 1 hour 20 ish

I still intend to stay off the bike for the next couple of days, and take it easy on Saturday.

---Update---
I have now uploaded the route and...
23.91 miles in 1 hour 24 min with an average speed of 16.9 mph, route here...

Ohhhhh the bike stayed reasonably clean as well :-)

3 comments:

Joby said...

My Garmins been playing up last two days - keeps auto pausing even though I'm doing 16mph - useless piece of expensive kit :)

Looking forward to Bioshock 2?

Joby said...

My Garmins been playing up last two days - keeps auto pausing even though I'm doing 16mph - useless piece of expensive kit :)

Looking forward to Bioshock 2?

John Berry said...

I recon the new Garmin firmware is causing it...I have had mine Autopause in use as well...but for me it only blips and then autoresumes

Post a Comment