My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

10th January 2010

Spent an awful lot of the night awake with a dry tickly cough...When I eventually got up it was quite late (for me)

I tended to the fire then made some porridge for wifey 'n' me and sat in front of the fire and scoffed it....then sad to admit it ..I got hooked watching Wing Commander on sky.

As I had NO intention of going out on the bike today (Don't want to aggravate the cold)...I thought a session on the rollers wouldn't go down to badly.

I came across some downloadable training videos so I thought I would give them a go! (The SufferTest), this did mean that I had to use the rollers out of the safety of the doorway and move them proper into my office.....gulp!

I set up the rollers, hopped on the bike and promptly fell over :-(

So I had another go :-) and Got myself going properly.... The video is really good, I did find it VERY motivational and the time flew by.

Unfortunately as I was slowing down to cool down I managed to overbalance and topple again :-(

The best cure of course was to hop back on again and finish the hour.

The issue I find with the rollers is the extra hight the bike is from the ground, I think I might make myself a little platform so that I can reach the ground.

The computer had the session as 1 hour with an average speed of 23.2 mph covering a distance of 23.22 with a maximum speed of 45 mph.

After my shower and lunch I boiled up some fruit for a cake...Not sure what happened to the rest of the early afternoon :-(

Eventually the desire to tinker became overwhelming so I set about cleaning and lubing the Peugeot, it was far to cold to clean it outside, so I fitted the bike to the stand and gave it bed bath:-)


Then just to make me feel completely incompetent I stumbled across a couple of YouTube videos of people doing tricks on rollers...(I just want to be able to start and stop safely...the going in the middle bit is easy!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment