My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

12th January 2010

Worked from home today...The coughing all night was NOT conducive to getting up at stupid o'clock and driving to work!

I spent the entire day working, not moving off my arse at all, as the day drew on I started to feel better so at 5:30 I thought I would have a quick bash on the rollers :-)

I had fitted the new (Cateye Strada) cadence computer to the Merida, and it helped a lot with understanding what effort I was putting in..


The computer is wired and it was interesting, fitting the sensors.


I put The Suffertest - Fight Club Video on again :-) It is bloomin brilliant....I felt quite good....only coughing on the rest periods...The video has 5 iterations of a Time Trial (I cycle on the big ring and middle of the cassette), with a Hill climb forming the last part of each Trial (Big ring and 12 on the cassette) , there are frequent 'Attack' episodes where you are expected to pile the effort on and increase the cadence, at the end of each Trial there is a cool down period where you bimble along at 3/10 effort.

I felt much better having had an hour on the bike than I would have done just sat doing nothing.

It would appear that I do comfortably pedal with a cadence of around 98 rpm :-) On the 'Attacks' my Cadence peeks at about 156 rpm.

The computer had the session as 1 hour with an average speed of 24.4 mph covering 24.45 miles witha maximum speed of 43.8 mph.

Lets hope the coughing is coming to an end.......I need a decent nights sleep!

0 comments:

Post a Comment