My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

16th January 2010

Didn't go out on the ChainGang today, it was raining heavily and I haven't completely got over my cold...

I did the weekly shop with wifey and had brunch out...

By the time we got back home the rain had stopped so I got changed and went for a little cycle ride :-)

I headed out to Headington then Stockley...It almost felt like summer is back....having been cycling in minus temperatures for so long the positive almost double figures was nearly tropical.

As I headed up (The Steep Hill) past the North Wilts Golf Club I headed into very dense fog that I stayed in over the whole of the Marlborough Downs...


There's normally a fantastic view from the top of Hackpen Hill....but as you can see...there wasn't today :-(

When I dropped back of the Downs into Broadtown I also dropped out of the fog :-) I headed back towards Tockenham then Dauntsey...The light was starting to fade but I thought I could squeeze in a few more miles by following the 10 mile TT route back through the Somerfords and Sutton Benger..

I ended up doing 58.11 miles in 3 hours 48 minutes with an average speed of 15.2 mph, route here...

After all of the miles I have done on the rollers I was actually starting to think I was turning into a high powered sprinter...but real road miles are tougher!

1 comments:

Red Bike said...

I couldn't see a thing in the fog last night.

If I put my lights on high and pointed them straight ahead all I could see was spots infront of my eyes.

If I turned the light to low and pointed it at the ground all I could see was a tiny circle a few meters inhead.

.

Post a Comment