My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 21, 2009

21st December 2009

Got up at normal time and de-iced, de-frosted the car.

I drove carefully out of the very icy WoodLane and onto the not quite so icy A4, had a rapid jaunt down the A350. When I got to the A429 I was gobsmacked it had not been salted at all, the overnight light snow fall had frozen and compacted on the road, it was lethal! A sensible person would have turned around and locked themselves up in a nice warm house for the day, I decided to continue on...

Thankfully when I reached Gloucestershire they had salted the road and it was a much safer journey, I guess Wiltshire judge the need to salt the roads based on the number of deaths they have caused!

My journey home was much better than the journey to work (Thankfully!), although I did have a stonking headache :-(

When I got in I changed straight into cycle gear then had a quick 30 minutes on the rollers. The cycle computer had the session as 30.04 minutes with an average speed of 23 mph covering 11.51 mph. I had the same strategy as the weekend I sat the bike in 34/13 and tried to hold a smooth and constant high cadence, pushing myself every so often to increase the cadence/speed.

Using my new found methods of calculating cadence I was averaging 112 rpm :-)

I also found that although my headache hasn't completely gone it is much reduced :-)

Wifey had the misfortune of sitting in my office whilst I was on the rollers, she though it would be funny to record a video of me on the rollers, I will save you all the misfortune of watching it, unless you grovel to see it :-)

Edit....Heres the video you all demanded :-)


I did warn you!

7 comments:

Clive Chapman said...

Grovel, grovel...LOL!!!

John Berry said...

Ohhh you asked for it!...I will upload it tonight!

Its a sad video!!!

Rafe said...

Of course we want to see the video. Perhaps not 30mins worth though. Just the bits where you fall off, struggle, make strange grunting noises and other causes of embarrassment to you and amusement to us ;)

John Berry said...

Ohhh I didn't fall off, but she was behind me and thought it was funny how I was bouncing up and down...

All very sad really, but as you have asked to see it...you shall :-)

Rafe said...

That's quite scary really. I know a good pest control company if you want help getting rid of the hornets ;)

Clive Chapman said...

Can you not let that trapped wasp out mate?

John Berry said...

:-)

Post a Comment