My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

6th February 2010

Got up early and had porridge for breaky, then set of to the Chippenham Cemetery at 9:15 for the 9:30 start of the chain gang.

It was a lovely warm morning and I felt really good and strong :-) It was a northerly wind so the start of the ride was in to wind, but it did mean a tailwind up the Fosse-Way :-(

It was a stonking ride, the fastest round time since October last year :-) 40.81 miles in 2 hours 9 minutes with an average speed of 18.9 mph...Route here...

Ohhh forgot to mention I saw the first Snow Drops of the year last night, and I saw more today, it always makes me happy, in my book its the first sign of spring :-)

Tomorrow is another Audax ride, the Chippenham Wheelers Flapjack 100k , I did the route back in November last year an really enjoyed it, it should be fantastic with other people and some tea and cakes at the control points :-) Unfortunately the weather is looking a bit drab for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Red Bike said...

Warm morning? Now I know you were dreaming!
It FREEZING

John Berry said...

Not in the beautiful south, it was almost spring, I didn't even bother with the wind breaker top!

Today is a different matter...bloomin freezing here!!!....Even drove through some heavy snow over the Cotswolds...

Roll on the summer and 20mph rides :-)

Post a Comment