My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

13th February 2010

Got up reasonably early, had porridge for breakfast, mixed up the doings for a Worcester Cider cake then went for a walk at West Woods with wifey and Rosie (dog)

It was a complete surprise to find a dusting of snow :-)

We saw three lots of deer, and I actually managed to take a reasonable photograph of one of them.

I used RunGPS to track the little walk :-) 2.96 miles in 1 hour 15 minutes...Route here...

When we got back home I had a bacon sarnie then got changed for cycling...

I ended up setting of at 12:30, I loaded the planned route into the Garmin started pedalling, apparently I was heading in the wrong direction ...I stopped reloaded the course then set off again....It confirmed the wrong direction so I headed off following the route...I realised that the route had me heading North...I was supposed to be heading south!

So I stopped and reloaded the route again, this time it loaded the correct route :-) once I had navigated onto the right track I was finally off....

It was potentially not a very clever plan to head south when there was a particularly strong northerly wind..
1300Medium-level Cloud3.5 °CNNE 14 mph
40 km1023 hPa, Falling
1400Medium-level Cloud3.2 °CNNE 14 mph
35 km1023 hPa, Falling
1500Medium-level Cloud3.1 °CN 13 mph
30 km1022 hPa, Falling
1600Medium-level Cloud3.4 °CNNW 8 mph
30 km1022 hPa, Falling
It was a nice and fast ride south! Unfortunately that was going to mean a tough slow ride north.

I was interested by the ICE sign...

It definitely wasn't icy, I do wonder about the logic in having a permanent sign for ice, why not have one for Sunshine.

The roads were superb....

And I finally managed to take some pictures of Snowdrops...in my mind the start of spring :-)

The roads through Longleat were superb.


After Longleat the plan was to head to Shear Water, unfortunately the road was blocked with a gate, so I headed straight to Warminster and re-joined the planned route.

The ride back home was as tough as expected :-(

The Garmin had today's ride as 63.41 miles in 4 hours 23 minutes with an average speed of 14.5 mph...route here...

I think the Garmin had a hissy fit earlier on as one of the courses I had copied to it was corrupt, I have now removed it, so hopefully it will play properly tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment