My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2nd February 2010

Night off, played computer games....L4D2 again :-)

Managed to get RunGPS working for my lunch time walk today :-)
http://www.gps-sport.net/trainings/walking_225426

It started me thinking about calorie usage and consumption....
RunGPS reckons I used 277Kcal

I walk to Warwick and normally buy a large salad box
(It is tough to work out the calories in an unlabelled, fill as you wait salad box)
but I reckon its about...

Beetroot 5 Calories
Cucumber 2.5
Carrots 5
Lettuce 3
Onion 3
Tomato 7
Pasta 100
Tuna (Plain no Mayonnaise) 40

I calculated the salad box is about 160Kcal but possibly as much as 250Kcal...It means I use more energy to get and eat the food than I get from the food!

Interestingly the two bananas I eat every day are about 108 calories each!!!

Hmmm I did say to myself I would watch what I eat...not count it in/or get hung up on it.......so no more mentioning of calories, but it was interesting.

My approach for the last couple of years has been simple, eat sensible portions, don't snack, don't take sugar, don't use butter, don't eat crisps, don't buy or eat anything dripping in fat. Now the thought of fatty, greasy, sweet foods make me feel sick...and its nice to eat healthily and feel full with a sensible portion.

The more you eat the more you have to eat to feel full!
The slower you eat the less you have to eat to feel full!

Easy to say, but I still remember the first couple of weeks when I stopped being a fool....I felt hungry all of the time!

Me in 2006

Me now :-)

2 comments:

Clive Chapman said...

Who's the fat bloke on the beach JB? ;-)

richb said...

A comment in our regular veg-box news letter once said don't eat anything with more than four ingredients and don't eat it if your grandmother would not recognise it. Bit extreme but it rules out any processed food which is the main point. Eat fresh, in-season, unprocessed (in sensible quantities of course) and you can't go wrong.

Post a Comment