My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

11th February 2010

Took the day off work today :-) Was busy this morning...stopped for lunch on the way home and I had a nice pint of Black Rat (Cider) and a lovely Haddock in cider batter with chips and peas at 'The Rising Sun' in Christian Malford.

When we got back home I got changed and took the bike out on the chain gang route, it was a hellish strong northerly wind...
1400 Medium-level Cloud 2.0 °C NE 19 mph 31 mph 45 km 1023 hPa, Falling
1500 Sunny intervals 1.7 °C NNE 19 mph
45 km 1023 hPa, Falling
1600 Sunny intervals 1.5 °C NNE 18 mph
40 km 1023 hPa, Falling
I was struggling to maintain 15 mph :-( But the sky was reasonably clear and it was good to get out on the bike and blow the cobwebs away.

I did fit the ActionCam to the bike, but I really can't be bothered to edit the video and upload it, I have fitted the camera mount to the frame and it does appear to take a better more stable video.

The ONLY good thing about the strong NE wind was that I was blown UP the Fosse-Way at one point I was doing over 20 mph up the hill :-)

The Garmin had the ride as 40.7 miles in 2 hours 37 minutes with an average speed of 15.5 mph, route here...

Now I can have a night in front of the fire and TV without thinking about going on the bike :-)

1 comments:

Red Bike said...

The winds a major pain when you're riding single speed / fixed. You can't change down to make life easier and when you do get a tailwind you haven't got the gears to make the most of it.

I keep looking at a new Garmin, one that doesn't rattle and has a map you can actually read. They're just so expensive.

Post a Comment