My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

25th February 2010

I actually left work at a reasonable time and got home at a reasonable time :-)

Unfortunately I didn't make it out for my lunchtime walk :-( I have been far to busy...

I have decided to stay of the bike tonight and tomorrow, to save myself for Saturday....

Thankfully the forecast for Saturday isn't looking to bad...
Sat
27
Feb
Day Sunny intervals 7 °C S 8 mph Very Good
Night Light Snow 0 °C E 14 mph 29 mph Very Good
I will fit the new cassette tomorrow and give the bike a final going over in preparation for the mountain :-)

I ordered the chain wear tool as recommended by Rafe....so no more forgetting to measure the chain....I have also ordered a second chain, I will get the third next month.....I am determined to make the cassette last the year!!!!

2 comments:

Red Bike said...

I was replacing my chain on the single speed everytime it stretched by 1%. The chains are relatively cheap at about £10 but I was getting through a chain a month.

I've now decided to go for the "run it into the ground" option ans see if thats any better.

John Berry said...

Well I am gonna go with plan A, 3 chains and rotate them every 1000 miles...keep it all for the year then renew...

Unless something looks seriously fecked in the meantime!

The chain checking tool is as much for curiosity as anything else :-)

Post a Comment