My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

3rd February 2010

Worked from home today :-)

Didn't move to far all day, my back ended up aching as I had been sitting on my backside all day :-(
After tea I set of for a pre-cycle club ride...

When I got to the cycle club I broke the plastic tang on the Garmin cycle clamp - So I couldnt get the Garmin of the bike.

When I got back home I used a cooking knife and managed to flick the tang down and slide the Garmin off - Wifey ordered me a new one from www.chainreactioncycles.com

The Garmin had today's ride as 23.9 miles in 1 hour 25 minutes with an average speed of 16.7 mph.

I have been considering some of my challenges this year, many may be considered by some to be a serious challenge...

NCR5 (Reading to Holyhead), Heart of England 300 (198 Miles - 1 day), Tour of Wessex etc etc..
I am wondering if I should do one or some of them for charity (Macmillan Cancer Support) ..what do you guys think?

5 comments:

richb said...

Anything for the cancer charities has my vote as a good thing. You have to separate the "special" rides from the normal ones.

Clive Chapman said...

Why not mate, seems a bit of a no brainer really.

Ray D said...

Yes would fully support any cancer charity.

Rafe said...

Those garmin mounts are pretty delicate and bloody expensive. What a strange co-incidence ;)

Rather than do one particular event for charity, why not bundle everything into one? Set one big goal e.g. 10000 miles this year + NCR5 + blah?

Am sure you'll pick a good charity (or two).

Joby said...

Yup - me too.

Post a Comment