My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 1, 2010

1st February 2010

It took ages to drive to work today :-(

I attempted to use RunGPS to track my lunchtime walk, it failed miserably to pick up a satellite :-(
But I was interested to see how far I actually go, so I traced the route in Gmaps Pedometer and am amazed that I actually walk over 2.5 miles every lunch hour....

When I got home I was in two minds whether to go on the rollers or not, as we planned to have tea a little later, I decided an hour wouldn't hurt.

I set the rollers up and started the Sufferfest video, but the bike just didn't feel right and I was lacking confidence in staying on the rollers :-( ....Its amazing what a week off them has done!

So I gave the bike a once over, I needed to adjust the front dérailleur, then I set the rollers up in the doorway and had a 45 minute session with Epica playing on the MP3 player...I did feel a lot more confident within a few minutes :-)

The computer had the session as 45 minutes with an average speed of 24 mph covering 18.06 miles, I pushed myself very hard for the first 30 minutes, then slowed down and took it reasonably easy for the last 15.

1 comments:

Red Bike said...

Do you realise that you walk further than I manage to run at lunch?
I go running twice a week for 20mins which is normally roughly only 2miles.

I used to have to have the rollers set up in a doorway. It was the only way I could stay on them (something to grab each side).

Post a Comment