My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 9, 2010

9th April 2010

Did short walk to pub lunch :-) It was beautiful warm sunshine...

When I got home I changed into summer cycle gear and went out for a short ride with son..(10 miles)...we met wifey and daughter at pub and had food, son was knackered so loaded his bike in the car and he went home with wifey...I cycled home, arriving shortly after them :-)

The Garmin had the ride as 11.83 miles in 45 mins 46 sec with an average speed of 15.5 mph, route here...

My leg feels much better now, so I am going to give the 300k a try tomorrow...

The bike is all sorted..(It feels sooooo light and responsive after dragging the Dawes around last week :-)

I have cleaned out my camel back and loaded up the Torq gels and Fruit n Fibre bars....my only real worries now are a) will my leg be ok? and b) will the Garmin batteries last for the 200 miles?

2 comments:

Matt said...

Good luck with the 300 John, looks like you have the weather for it, just remember to listen to your body, no shame in pulling up and being able to ride another day.

Enjoy it :)

John Berry said...

Thxs Matt....as it turns out my leg was fine...apart from the last 15 miles.....

Post a Comment