My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

17th April 2010

Got up and the sun was shining, I dressed in summer gear...the weather forecast was for 16 degrees...unfortunately it was only 5 degrees at present...

I finally got around to un-boxing the new cycle shoes as the old ones were looking a bit shabby

The new ones looked very shiny :-)

My only real concern was setting up the cleats in the right position...

I set fof for the Chippenham Cemetery at 9:15 for the 9:30 start and it was a tadge chilly, but I had high hopes for it to warm up :-)

There were a lot of people turned up for the chain gang so we split into two groups, a fast and a slow...I was of course in the fast group :-)

As the ride progressed it started to warm up nicely :-) I actually started to feel sorry for everybody else with their leg and arm warmers.

It was the fastest chain gang of the year so far...40.73 miles in 2 hours with an average speed of 20.3 mph, route here...

When I got back home I had a bacon sandwich and basked in the sun for a while...

At 1:50 I went out for a short slow ride with son, 16.11 miles in 1 hour 9 minutes with an average speed of 13.9 mph, route here...

The weather was absolutely perfect....



When we got back home I set about making a gate to replace the second garden gate...

2 comments:

David said...

Hi

I see you just got new shoes. These any good as they look like they would fit my needs. Do you find them small made and need a bigger size than you would normally take.

John Berry said...

@David...I normally take a size 10 shoe...The Shimano size that fits perfectly for me is 46..

I would strongly suggest going to a bike shop and try them on first before going for the cheaper eBay option :-)

Post a Comment