My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 16, 2010

16th April 2010

Had Friday pub lunch, (Sausage,Eggs,Chips and Beans) I normally have something a little lighter but I was supposed to be going to a play in the Theatre Royal in Bath tonight...

I had worked through a couple of lunchtimes mid week and was intending to set of from work in good time....it didn't happen :-( I left work late..

Now I can't really remember agreeing to go to the Theatre, but wifey insists I was asked and I said yes. When I phoned home after setting of from work, wifey asked me if I would be OK going as I had had a long day n all.....Ohhh I looked at the warm sunshine outside of the car window and thought of a cycle ride....

I think wifey had realised I wasn't that keen on going and had offered my ticket to one of her friends :-)

When I got home I changed into summer cycle gear and I was off....I didn't fancy fighting with cars so I headed off down the country lanes.

I ended up doing the same ride I did with Dave Carr a month or so ago....and I flew....It was so fast and so nice, the bike was purring along, the gears set up just right...the only thing that would have made it absolutely perfect was a few more degrees in temperature and a little less wind.
1900 Sunny 11.4 °C ENE 11 mph

30 km 1026 hPa, Falling
2000 Sunny 9.8 °C ENE 8 mph

30 km 1027 hPa, Falling
I ended up doing the 25.8 miles with an average speed of 20.4 mph in 1 hour 16 minutes, route here...

It is certainly a nicer route than following the main road around Lyneham, it is a good TT speed training route but it has NO hills, so my benchmark speed course has to be my normal 20...

When I got back home, I gave the bottom bracket a look over to make sure all was well and I noticed a small amount of play, so I nipped up the crank adjuster a little...and the play was gone :-)

I was going to cook a bacon sarnie but I couldn't be arsed , so I ordered a small Donino's Pizza and Wedges instead...

This weekends weather looks gorgeous...I have a couple of rides planned for tomorrow and a 125k Audax on Sunday, its going to be greeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment