My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

14th April 2010

Worked from home today :-)

I was intending to go out for a ride at lunchtime, but it was far to cold, so I gave it a miss :-)

At 5:30 I headed off to the Queens Field for the 6:15 sign in for the club 10 mile TT...

I got there early and signed in first, I got my number (1) and pinned it on my shirt...We were supposed to do the normal 10 route, but news of traffic lights was mentioned so the course was changed to the 'P' course, unfortunately nobody knew where it started or where it went :-)

The route was explained to us and I sort of grabbed where it went, as I was first up I had nobody else to follow...I pedalled to the start and waited...and waited...and waited, I started to get a bit worried that I was in the wrong place, a few more guy's turned up thankfully...and eventually the time keepers turned up and we were ready to go :-)

I set off straight into a headwind...downhill...
1800 Low-level Cloud 11.1 °C NE 14 mph

30 km 1020 hPa, Falling
At Great Somerford the course turned right to Dauntsey, at Dauntsey the course turned left back on to the normal 10 mile course which at Great Somerford went back up the hill to the start point, it was much easier being blown up the hill.

It was quite interesting as I was finishing to see people starting, they all looked so serious!

My official finish time was 27:31, the Garmin had the ride as 10.13 miles in 27:55 with an average speed of 21.8 mph, route here...

I cycled back from the TT via the cycle club to pick up the route sheet for Sunday's club 125k Audax.

The total ride today was 25.7 miles in 1 hour 27 minutes with an average speed of 17.6 mph

1 comments:

Toby Field said...

Those average speeds are impressive!

Post a Comment