My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 19, 2010

19th April 2010

Managed to make it out for the lunchtime walk, just a couple of miles as I didn't have a great deal of time...

When I got back home I changed into summer cycle gear then got straight out on the bike :-)

Redbikes suggested that all of my rides are flat...and thinking about it I have sort of drifted into flatter rides. So tonight I thought I would ride some of the local hills :-)


They are not mountains but they are steep enough...

The ride started out warm enough..
1900 Sunny  intervals 13.7 °C NW 8 mph

25 km 1015 hPa, Falling
2000 Sunny 11.7 °C NNW 5 mph

13 km 1015 hPa, Steady
Put towards the end it was starting to get quite chilly...

The Garmin had the ride as 18.64 miles in 1 hour 9 minutes with an average speed of 16.1 mph and a maximum speed of 46 mph :-) ....route here...

I am confident that Sunday's White Horse Challenge should not present to many difficulties now :-)

Two more pieces of news....

1) I have entered and paid for the O2E Champagne Supernova...16th/17th September 200 mile ride across France :-)
2) I have ordered a Cyclo Cross bike...A Merida Cyclo Cross 3

Plan is to do some more NCR rides and to have a go at Cyclo Cross at the end of the year :-)

And finally...Paul W took a photo of me on the 125k Audax......

6 comments:

Clive Chapman said...

You see a cyclocross bike! Next up is a full blown MTBer, mwahahahaha, you will turn to the dark side!

Red Bike said...

I suggested that the terrain in all of your photos looks flat, not that the rides were flat.

Photographs have this clever little way of making even the steepest hill look flatter than it is.

CDS-Group said...

btw; forgot to add, that Merida looks seriously smart!

Joby said...

You seemed to have absolutely no problem climbing over the hills and far away in Anglesey!

John Berry said...

@Clive....Never...but I do fancy the idea of Cross :-)

@Red...noooo you were right....my rides had become flat...I need more hills :-)

@CDS....It will match my other Merida :-)

@Joby...Hmmm my leg was hurting then.....an I did have a problem...next time it will be so much better....I just dont think I have time this year to do NCR 8....it will have to wait till next year...Although the Fred Whitton four seasons has a little bit of climb in it :-) that should test me...

Red Bike said...

I've found a better route than the NCR8.

Have a look at my blog. (The Sarn Helen Trail)

Post a Comment