My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

11th April 2010

Its amazing how rejuvenating a nights sleep is...I woke up this morning with NO ill effects from yesterdays ride, if it wasn't for the pain that wifey would inflict on me I would have considered going out on the club leisure ride...but I thought it would be safer to do NO bike things today :-)

We went out for a shortish walkies with Rosie (dog) then I set about tidying up the garden...all of this cycling has left it rather neglected :-(

Once the grass was cut and the garden tidied I spent the afternoon making and hanging a new garden gate (4 ft by 6 ft).

I had provisionally booked Monday off work as I thought I may be completely knackered, but as it stands I don't quite know what the fuss was about and I will go to work in the morning.

And on a final note...I was tidying my drawers up at work on Friday and I decided to bring my spare clothes home (I used to ride a motorbike back and forth and kept a dry set of clothes at work just in case I got soaked through). I think the jeans were about 3 years old...They are a tadge big for me now :-)

5 comments:

Red Bike said...

I wish I knew how you recover so quickly. I'm still feeling the effects of the NCR5 in my legs and the strained stomach muscles from a fortnight ago!

John Berry said...

I was still feeling the tendon up until Friday, and if it had still been tender on Saturday I was going to pull the plug on the ride, same goes for if it started playing up on the ride (And it did but only in the last 15 miles)

I was ok but tired when I got back home, when it came to going upstairs for bed I was completely knackered and had to haul myself up the stairs using the banisters, I was as surprised as anybody else when I got up this morning and had NO ill effects at all :-)...I must be doing something right but god knows what it is...

I thought you were off doing another mammoth ride this weekend?

Tony said...

John,
Well done for that epic as it was certainly an achievement. I know what you mean about neglecting the other household duties. I have spent the last few days tidying the garden, painting window frames and other bits and bobs. If there is one complaint about our cycling it's that it is very time consuming. It's not just the ride, it's the dressing up, riding, chilling, showering and then the bike maintenance. And that's without the visits to bike shops, surfing websites and blogs and reading the mags. Requires a very understanding support crew that's for sure!

John Berry said...

@Tony...Thxs, I hadn't quite realised how much the cycling has taken over!

Toby Field said...

As a new cyclist, I'm already finding out how time consuming cycling can be.

I played football on Thursday night after riding 14 miles earlier in the day. I ache more from that than any ride so far. Two nights sleep still hasn't fixed it!

Post a Comment